A non-union firm with over 75 years of experience in the industrial, commercial and institutional fields, Bergeron Electric Limited has the knowledge and skills to fulfill any electrical contracting needs.
Since it’s inception in 1945, Bergeron Electric Limited has become Cornwall’s premier full-service electrical construction and maintenance provider in Cornwall and surrounding areas.
Many of our team members have been with the company for 25+ years, and others have been employed since the beginning of their careers. Our valued employees are at the core of our growth and success.
We are current
As a leader in an industry that is ever changing due to rapidly advancing technology, it is necessary for us to remain current in all aspects of the industry.
Our company’s membership, activities and partnerships in such organizations as ECRA (Electrical Contractor Registration Agency), ESA (Electrical Safety Authority), OEL (Ontario Electrical League), CFAA (Canadian Fire Alarm Association), CFIB (Canadian Federation of Independent Business) allow us to remain current within this changing industry.
Our diverse portfolio of projects exemplifies the calibre of our in-house talent. Putting our clients first has positioned us in today’s marketplace as a trusted advisor/provider in this industry.
We are a non-union firm in business for over 75 years with:
- A core of 30 employees and up to 40 employees on occasion. Core employees have between 15-40 years of experience with us.
- 4 certified Master Electricians
- 7 certified Fire Alarm Technicians
- Two Project Managers are responsible to oversee major projects and to act as liaison with customers.
- We have a Purchaser responsible for purchasing, control of inventory, tools and vehicles.
- Operations is responsible for controlling all job documentation, job costs and invoicing.
Upgrading of skills is an ongoing process in our firm:
- Trade magazines and technical discussion at staff meetings are augmented by seminars and conferences.
- The Engineers, Project Managers and Staff attend seminars each year on safety and advanced technology, ie: Z462 – Arc Flash, estimating, fire alarm, grounding and bonding and Electrical Safety Code upgrade, management skills.
Strong focus on safety:
- All technicians are trained in job safety and good work habits.
- All newly hired employees must complete safety training prior to starting work.
- All journeymen and apprentices are trained in First Aid and CPR.
- Safety meetings are held monthly.
- Shop tools and vehicles are maintained in good working order for safe operation.
- All electricians wear uniforms and appropriate FR (fire-rated) clothing.
- In-depth safety and staff meetings are held monthly.
- We team up with Wilkens Health and Safety Solutions and SP Safety Solutions;
- They specialize in providing our management team with the advice and guidance required to manage all aspects of our health and safety program.
- They also perform monthly random audits and provide site specific reports along with appropriate remediation procedures.
Community Service is part of who we are:
- We participate in the CO-OP program through OYAP Advisory Committee for youth apprenticeship.
- We participate in local Career Fairs.
- We generously fund a number of not-for-profit organizations.
- We provide bursaries to local Secondary Schools.